The current Jasper County Detention Center was completed in 1993. It was constructed to house 165 inmates in six pods. The detention center houses inmates waiting to go to trial and those convicted of a crime that are sentenced to serve time. It also holds inmates for other local jurisdictions as space is available. It also holds inmates for other local jurisdictions as space is available. The detention center has housed up to 200+ inmates and for the past several years has had an average daily count of between 180 to 200 inmates.
The Detention Center is staffed with one captain, one lieutenant, seven sergeants, 28 detention officers, and one medical tech.
Detention General Information
- Inmate Roster
View a current list of individuals that are incarcerated at the Jasper County Detention Center
- Inmate Rules and Regulations (Handbook)
- Inmate Visitation
All visitations are by video, not in person.
On Site Video Visit Hours for entire facility are 10:30 A.M- 2:00 P.M and 6:00 P.M- 9:00 P.M
Monday A-POD, G-Pod, H-Pod Tuesday B-POD & J-Pod Wednesday Ministers for males and females Thursday C-POD Friday D-POD Saturday E-POD & T-4 Sunday F-POD, Holdovers, K-Pod, L-Pod, M-Pod, T-5
Video Visitation from the Jail
Inmates are allowed one 15 minute visit on their visitation day. Up to three visitors in one party may visit during this time. Video visitation from the jail is of no cost to the public or the inmates.
*visitors are subject to background checks and may be asked to provide photo identification before visiting an inmate.
*Appropriate clothing is required.
*Nudity or inappropriate actions will not be tolerated and visitation privileges can be terminated for up to 30 days
*Inmate visitation is a privilege for both the inmate and the visitor. Inmate visitation privileges can be revoked at any time for disciplinary reason. Visitors can have their privileges revoked for violating visitation rules or other improper behavior.
Remote (off site from the jail) video visitation is provided by CIDnet
To register or login, please visit their website at Customer.cidnet.net (1-888-984-1903). Visits can be made from your smart phone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer with camera capabilities. A valid email address is required for visits.
Hours for remote visits: Daily from 7:00 A.M- 12:00 A.M. (upon availability)
- Appropriate clothing is required
- Nudity or inappropriate actions will not be tolerated and visitation privileges can be terminated for up to 30 days.
- Inmate visitation is a privilege for both the inmate and the visitor. Inmate visitation privileges can be revoked at any time for disciplinary reasons.
- Inmate is responsible for notifying family member of when they will be out in the dayroom and available for video visitation.
Video visitation, inmate email, texting and picture mail are available. All pictures must be approved before you are able to view them. This process may take up to 48-72 hours. If your picture is denied, your account will still be charged. Video visitations have a 15 minute limit.
- Inmate Commissary
Individuals may add money to an inmate’s account by:
- Sending in a money order addressed to the inmate labeled commissary
- Deposit to an inmate account via JailATM.com (1-866-933-6386)
- Depositing cash or credit card on the kiosk in the lobby
- Inmate Mail
Inmates may receive correspondence (Postcards Only) through the mail by addressing the postcard as follows.
405 East 5th Street
Carthage, Mo 64836
Adherence to the following guidelines are mandatory:
- A return name and address is required for all incoming mail.
- Postcards can be no larger than 5×7.
- Materials of a sexual or violent nature are not permitted.
- Inmate may receive paperback books straight from the publisher. Any other method will not be accepted.
- Correspondence between inmates in other institutions requires pre-approval.
- Inmate Phone Calls
If you would like to receive calls from an inmate, please register and account via City Tele Coin: https://www.citytelecoin.com (1-318-746-1114)