The Sheriff’s Office consists of two full-time office locations-the Sheriff’s Office and Detention Center in Carthage and two part-time office locations-the Satellite Office at Airport Drive, and the Joplin Courts Building. In addition, it has approximately 40 vehicles equipped with computers connected via VPN over the cellular network.
The Information Technology (IT) Division has three full-time employees, including one Lieutenant, one Deputy, and a civilian. The duties of the division are day-to-day end user support, hardware, software, two-way radio, and network maintenance. The Sheriff’s Office hosts most its own systems including the VOIP phone system, office email, records management, and website.
The IT Division maintains and services a county-wide digital trunked radio system which has four radio tower sites and provides two-way radio service to approximately 1,000 first responders and other government personnel.
The I.T. Division is currently involved in the following technologies:
- Axis and Panasonic IP Cameras
- Cisco Routers, Switches, Access Points, and Firewalls
- Cisco VoIP Telephone System
- CODY Records Management and Dispatch
- EMC Storage Arrays
- Genetec Video/Audio Recording and Access Controls
- HP Servers and Workstations
- Kenwood NXDN Trunking
- Livescan Fingerprint Scanner
- Mimosa Point-to-Point Radios
- Mobile Cellular Data Routers
- L-3 Mobilevision In-Car Cameras
- Panasonic Arbitrator In-Car and Body Cameras
- Polycom Video Conferencing
- Ubiquiti Wireless Radios
- VmWare Virtual Servers